Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Birthday Party Pics

I had fun this year planning Jake and Kailey's Birthday parties. I'm glad that I spent time and effort into making their days special. I wanted make the most of it since I will probably only get away with doing silly parties for a couple more years before they're "too cool" for that.

Jake wanted his party theme to be:

Chronicles of Narnia! The lion, the witch, and the wardrobe. My sister and I had fun making his invitations while she was here visiting. Thanks again Aunt Kimbee!


The white witch had frozen creatures in their cups that they had to rescue...


We had popcorn and strawberries with a chocolate fountain (Jake's favorite).
Kailey obviously enjoyed it too!
Aslan cupcakes...


We also played pin the tail on Aslan, and had a lion pinata.
His favorite gift was the battlemaster from Mom and Dad.
The foam swords were a big hit as party favors. Happy 9th Birthday Jakers!




Kailey wanted her party to be a Tangled theme. Here is a pic of the front door.
We had a treasure hunt to find the lost sachel. Of course it had enough tiaras for each of girls to have one.
They had a contest to see who could get Flynn's nose right.
Pascal blowers.

It was Jake's idea to hit the pinata with a frying pan. Lol!
Lanterns of course.
They decorated braids with flowers and colored pictures of Rapunzel.

And we also painted the wall that I coved with paper.

Happy Birthday Kailey Girl!

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

Love it, love it, LOVE IT!! Wow, what great parties! I sure wish we could've stayed for them! I love how detailed you are in your parties. The braids looked awesome and I love the idea of hitting the pinata with the frying pan! So funny! Way to go Jake! Love the icecubes with animals too. The lion cupcakes looked so good too! I'm sure Darci will approve :) You need to come visit on my kids' birthdays and do their parties!! What great fun times!!

Pamela said...

Oh wow Sis! I'm completely blown away by your party planning! I'm speechless! WOW! I am so impressed and those lion cupcakes! You should be a professional party planner. Just too cool and the memories are going to be priceless.

Brenda Anderson said...

What did you use for the door knobs on the invitations?

benilhalk said...

Gratitude for sharing these birthday party pictures here. This birthday theme, food and everything else just looks so lovely. It's truly a praise worthy thing that you managed to host this bash successfully. I am throwing the surprise birthday bash for my son at one of the garden LA venues. I am sure the suspense will keep going until the BIRTHDAY.

laurentceline1974@orange.fr said...

pourriez vous me donner ce tuto l'armoire marron svp merci