Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Danger Zone

"Mmmm, these mashed potatoes are so creamy." (Let's see who can place that movie quote first) So, Gavin was exhausted at about 4:00 this afternoon without a nap. (Nap schedule gets a little messed up on the days I have to carpool in the afternoon.) I decided to whip up some left over mashed potatoes for him before laying him down. I offered him a quick bite while standing in the kitchen, and he got mad that I wasn't letting him hold the spoon. That is when he hit the bowl out of my hands and there went the mashed potatoes onto the floor and splashing up...
into my hair and even my eyelashes. Quit laughing!
Then, wait there's more, he decided to tip the recycle over that I was about to take out...
Hmmm, what a coincidence that he was wearing this shirt that says "Mommy's little monster"
But how could you stay mad at this...

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

Okay that's so funny! I'll be the first to say that the movie quote is from While You Were Sleeping. And I love the shirt he's wearing, that's just too ironic. Love the picture of you with it all in your hair and eye! I'm still laughing. And he is just so precious when he's asleep. Gotta love nap time! Thanks for keeping it real with motherhood moments! Love ya! Oh, and the song is perfect too.

Darci said...

lll

Darci said...

Oh, okay, igonore the lll comment I just left you! I didn't think my computer would let me leave a comment so that was just a test test...that is soooo funny! Giz beat me to it! "Mary mashed 'em!" And how perfect that he was wearing that shirt?! Too funny! Glad you shared with us "perfect" mothers who never have anything like that happen to us! tee hee Yeah, Gripp had his hand in pee water yesterday while playing in the toilet. Yuck! It was time for brother bath time thank goodness! Love you and love the song!

Darci said...

Ignore "igonore" too please.

Pamela said...

LOL! This is too funny! Randy and I can't stop laughing! DANGER ZONE! Perfect song! Love the "smashed" potatoes in the eye and hair. That shirt says it all and you're right...NO one could stay mad at him! [Especially Grandma.] And Giz was too quick on the movie quote! She beat me to it and Darc with the follow up! Kudos girls!
I'm just so glad that you kids never did anything like that! I was the perfect mother because I had the perfect children. TEE HEE HEE! [tongue-in-cheek]