Friday, October 16, 2009

Pumpkin Patch Pics of 09

Every year I take the kids down to the same pumpkin patch to take pictures of them in their Halloween costumes. I normally have someone go with me to help get the kids to smile, but obviously I didn't this time. I could not get one picture of all three of them looking at me while smiling. I also went at the wrong time of day (12:00 noon) which was really dumb of me, but at least there was a big shade tree. I still had to deal with a lot of harsh backlight, not to mention 100 degree weather, so we may have to reshoot. Anyway, here is the best we could do...

Jedi Jake. He is so funny. He would not let me comb his hair because he wanted to make it looks as much like Luke Skywalker's as possible. He also has asked me to not cut his hair until after halloween.




Kailey, on the other hand, loves to get all dolled up. She loved the way her hair looked with a tiara in it. She said that if Daddy saw her, he would fall over.






Gavin was not too sure about wearing this costume in the heat. I could not coax a smile out of the poor guy. I can't say I blame him. He still makes a cute little elephant though.



Got stuck. Oh man.
I love the little tail. Sooo cute!
They were very patient and willing to let me take pictures of them today, so they really deserved a treat. Yummy rock candy.

7 comments:

Darci said...

I love those pics! They are adorable! Please don't cut Jedi Jake's hair...he MUST be in complete costume come trick or treat night! That is too funny! He looks like the force is with him! And "my little pony" is the sweetest pony princess I have ever seen! I love the pics of her cuddling up to the pumpkins! And Gavin can give some of the sweetest looks...I love his eyes! And rock on for rock candy! You took such great pics, and kudos for doing it in the heat! I think I would have called it quits! Way to go! Thanks for sharing your pumpkin patch pics too! Those kids are precious! Love it and love you guys!

Richard and Jeannie Griffin said...

What cute kids! (But I think all our grandkids are adorable.) Kailey is such a poser. I just love her sweet smile. And Gavin is the picture of innocence. Jake looks so cute in his Jedi outfit. I can't believe now we have grandkids growing up on Star Wars. Another generation. Love this time of year when kids can put on their Halloween costumes and we get such cute pictures. Love you guys.

Pamela said...

Knockout costumes Sis! Wow! Jake looks just like Skywalker! He makes a perfect Jedi! And Kailey Girl! Beautiful! She should always be wearing a tiara cause that's what princesses do! [These kids look like they're carved from the same mold! Oh yeah...they are! tee hee!] Gavin is the most precious baby elephant I've ever seen! How I wish I could reach through my computer! Please hug,kiss and squeeze them for me! I love what Kailey said that if Daddy could see her he'd fall over! Of course he would! She's a knockout! I really like your Halloween background! The weather sounds nice for I have been in snow and mud! I think the pics look great! Love to all, Muver

Darci said...

I too love that Kailey said that about her daddy...and it is so true! I'm sure she had him wrapped around her little finger! I was just showing Colton his cousins in their costumes and he just loves Gavin's elephant costume! "Mama, look at the elephant!" Love you!

Kimberly said...

Those are some great pictures anyway! I love how Jake pays so close attention to detail about his hair and wanting it to look more like Luke! What a nut. And Kaylie is just so pretty and precious. And I love Gavin, what a cute elephant! And it's so funny how serious he is in those pictures like he's saying "why woman? why in the world did you put me in this hot elephant costume when it's 100 plus degress out here!? What did I do to deserve this?" Just kidding. His little dirty bum is the cutest thing ever! Love all the kids, they are so cute!

Darci said...

I was just looking at these pics again, they are so darn cute! And I noticed how Jedi Jake has a look of sheer joy when holding his light saber...like he would enjoy taking someone down with it! That is classic! Love you!

Sherry said...

Love my sweet grandkids! Cant' wait for them to come again for the carnival and trick or treating on Halloween. I always love the looks they have and the excitement in their eyes when it's the real thing. These are some really cute pictures......again!