Monday, December 6, 2010

Happy Birthday Gavin!


Last week Gavin got to blow out 3 birthday candles on his Lighting McQueen cake that he had been looking forward to for weeks...
Yesterday, I finally got around to shooting some of his 3 year old pics after church.
He looks so grown up in his suit.
He thinks he is even grown up enough to tie his own shoe lace :)
I adore this face that he always makes. I can totally hear him saying, "Hey!"
Here he is pretending that the bricks are a train track. He kept saying, "chugga chugga choo-choo"
I also wanted to capture some pictures of Gavin in regular clothes, just playing around, and being himself...
So, this evening I took him over to my Dad and Uncle's property where they park their big trucks, backhoes, and machinery (Gavin's favorite place to go).
He had fun playing with his toy cars there...




He loves his fire truck hat.
I made him change though...

I ran over to him right after I snapped this picture, realizing that he was probably about to rebreak his collar bone. Yikes! Btw, we are so glad that he gets to have his brace off now.

I love that he always tries to pick up as many as possible at one time...




He had an absolute blast racing his cars down the back of the trailer...
over and over and over again.

Cuteness!
Don't you just love those little dirty fingers showing how big he is?
Happy Birthday Gav! Mommy loves you SO MUCH! Can't you just stay little forever?

4 comments:

Richard and Jeannie Griffin said...

Love that you got this posted so fast. Just thought I'd check this morning and there it was. It was so much fun watching him play as you took the pictures. I thought, "My mom and dad must be pleased, looking down on their great grandchildren and knowing that kids are still having fun playing at the yard." It's now third generation kids. It has always been a great place to explore or play on equipment. Gavin is getting so big and is such a handsome little boy. (Of course I think all my grandkids are the most handsome and cutest and best looking.) Thanks for the post. Happy birthday, Gavin.

Kimberly said...

He is so cute! I can't believe he's 3!! I LOVE the dirty hands showing off how old he is, it's just perfect for a little boy. Love his suit too, he looks like his daddy! You are great at taking such precious pictures. I need to learn how to do that! I also love that he was playing with all his cars. What a fun photo shoot. He sure is a cutie!!!

Richard and Jeannie Griffin said...

Gavin is so handsome he is going to be a lady's man for sure watch out. He will have to run from the girls for sure. Love the photo of him in his church suit those blue eyes are so blue and so so cute. He loves his cars so fun to watch him play with them. Love it when he lines them up in a long line when he is over here. Your photography is great Coutney thanks for posting them so fast.
Grandma Griffin

sista # 2 said...

His red outfit and last picture are adorable!! They all are ;)
So is your puppy!