Thursday, December 30, 2010

A rare phenomenon

I can't believe that it actually snowed at our house today! The kids were riding their scooters out front when little white flurries began to fall.
I quickly grabbled my camera to document this very rare experience.



It didn't really stick to anything but the top of our heads.
Check out this big snow flake in Kailey's hair.

Gavin wanted to catch some too.
We then realized that we better pick our citrus in the backyard before it freezes at night.




I think Jake wins the blue ribbon for this one!
Can you guess whose basket this belongs to with the fire truck inside?
What a fun day to have on Christmas vacation. I'm sure we will not forget it.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Wow! That is rare for AZ!! How fun for you guys! I love all the great pictures too of them trying to catch a snowflake in their mouths! But if you really want a mouthful then you should come visit us--we're under about 3 feet of snow and the HIGH today is suppose to be only 9!! Yeah, that's cold. Glad you enjoyed the snow, I'm sick of it here!!

Richard and Jeannie Griffin said...

Great photos Cortney hard to believe we had a little snow in Mesa I even saw some flakes on my windshield on my way home form the Temple Thursday. Loving your photography girl the kids look so happy.
Jeannie

sista # 2 said...

A few years back it snowed in a tiny section up the road.In front of Kohl's someone made a small snowman!We pulled over on the way to school and scooped up some snow on the sidewalk!Crazy;)