Friday, February 25, 2011

Painted toes

Kailey loves to get a "pedicure" from Mommy. I am willing to do anything right now to make my poor girl feel better. She has been sick for quite some time now. She was diagnosed with Strep last Tuesday along with Jake and Gavin (Ashlyn had pnemonia). She seemed to be getting better until Monday night when she spiked a fever of 103.7. I took her back to the doctor the next day, and he said that it is possible that her body is resisting the antibiotics to cure the Strep...or most likely, it's a new virus that she is fighting off. We changed her prescription to a stronger antibiotic, but she STILL has a fever today. I'm not really sure what's going on. I think it is really strange that she has had a fever for 5 days. I called the doctor a couple of hours ago and am still waiting to hear back...
in the mean time we will make beaded necklaces (her other favorite thing to do with Mommy).

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Poor girl! I really hope she gets over this thing fast. Isn't it crazy to have all your kids sick at the same time!? Hopefully we've put in our time for the winter right? Knock on wood. Love the picture of Liberty and Ashlynn!! So cute! And yeah for monster trucks!! I bet Gavin was in heaven. We did pit passes too with Caleb when he was about 2 years old and he loved it. Blue Thunder was the coolest driver and took a lot of time talking to the kids. Anyway, glad you all had fun!!

Darci said...

That poor tiny girl! She will be in our prayers for a quick recovery. What a wonderful mommy she has to pamper her with her favorite things! Hope it takes her mind off her being sick. Hope everyone feels better soon!

Richard and Jeannie Griffin said...

The only thing worse than sick kids is sick grandkids. I sure hope she is doing better by now. I meant to call yesterday to see is she went back to school. Love the photo of her little toes. You did a great job on them for her. Grandpa loves you, Kailey girl.