Monday, April 18, 2011

REO Speedwagon

We surprised Jake this last weekend by taking him to see his favorite band in concert. REO Speedwagon! He loves all of their music, especially the song titled "I can't fight this feeling." We had great seats as you can tell from this picture. The drummer threw one of his drum sticks to Jake at the end of the show, but a girl in front of us intercepted it! I KNOW! Rude huh? Oh well, the singer made up for it by handing a guitar pick to Jake. Oh, how I wish I had my camera right then. They don't allow you to take cameras in, but at least Justin was able to take this picture with his phone. It was a great night.

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

That sure looks fun! And what great seats too! Sorry you lost that drum stick, silly lady. Seriously, who doesn't give up something to a kid? Come on! Oh well, it looks like you all still had a ton of fun!

Darci said...

How fun! What a great surprise for Jake and that girl needs to be slapped! That is soooo rude to do to anyone let alone a kid!!! Geez, what the...? Glad he didn't let that ruin his fun night out! P.S. love the background!

Richard and Jeannie Griffin said...

Hey, great background for this post. I know you guys had a great time. Like I said, great to spend some rare "one on one" time with just one of your kids. I'm sure Jake will remember that for a long time. I think it's cool that he likes a group that is really now considered a "classic rock" band.
Thanks for the post, Dad/grandpa.

Pamela said...

What a wonderful memory for Jakers. It isn't often you get to spend some time with an idol!