Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Spring Break



For Spring Break we headed up to my in-law's cabin. The kids were pleasantly surprised to see that there was quite a bit of snow still on the ground to jump in.

Kailey said, "look at me Mommy, I'm the Ice Princess."
Gavin had a blast throwing snowballs. (Notice the snowball implanted on Jake's shirt)
I Love this sequence:


Liberty enjoyed the snow every bit as much as the kids.
And Ashlyn enjoyed her green St. Patrick's Day cookie. Check out this sequence:


She rubbed it into her hair! Bath time.
The kids also had a lot of fun making a Leprachan trap.
Gavin got to help set it up.
They patiently waited while dreaming about what they were going to do with the gold if they actually caught one.



What the? We actually caught one!

This face pretty much sums up Kailey's reaction. "Mommy!" she said.
I'm still laughing at Jake's reaction. He said, "You're weird." Darn it, he's getting too old for stuff like this! Oh well, Gavin liked it:





5 comments:

Kimberly said...

Those are GREAT pictures!! I love Gavin's face as he threw the snowball--pure joy! And that Ashlynn with the cookie is so cute! I love how her hair was sticking out everywhere from the frosting! And what a cute little trap! I love the little ladder too. I think it was very creative!! Love Jake's reaction too! So funny. Glad you guys had fun in the snow!

sista # 2 said...

so cute and fun for the littles! hey-i knew a girl named liberty -20 years ago ;)

Darci said...

LOL! Those kids are too darn precious! Sooooo cute! Love Gavin throwing his head back and laughing, and Kailey says is all in that pic! "Mommy!" I can just hear her saying it...and I think Ashlynn looks so much like her mommy!!! Jake cracks me up with his reaction to the trap, which BTW is awesome! I so want to do that next year! Love you guys!

Jeannie Spiker said...

Great photos

Jeannie

Pamela said...

What fantastic pictures! All of the varied and wonderful personalities are right there in these pictures for all to see! I love it and the St. Patrick's Day trap is such a delightful idea! I'm sitting down int the motel lobby laughing and chuckling...