Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Morning

This Christmas was really exciting for Jake and Kailey. I have never seen them more excited for anything. Kailey got ready and into bed by 7:30 on Christmas eve. Jake had the hardest time sleeping. He woke up twice and climbed into our bed because he was too excited to sleep. When Kailey woke up she said that she was so excited that she felt like crying. She actually had to get a tissue to wipe her watery eyes! I regret that I didn't take more pictures of Christmas morning, but I am so happy that I did get the one that counts the most. About a week before Christmas, sweet Kailey girl found a penny on my bathroom floor and insisted that I find a box to fit it so that she could give it to Jake for Christmas. She wrapped it up all by herself in birthday wrapping paper. She was SO excited for him to open it. As you can see Jake was...well, a bit surprised. I think his facial expression says a lot. Luckily, Kailey didn't get her feelings hurt as the rest of us praised and complimented her for her thoughtful little gift. Jake also thanked her soon after the face that he made. I have to say, Christmas is the best when kids are at this age!

4 comments:

Pamela said...

Oh Cortney! I love it! How darling! {Jakers seems to be a Harry Potter jedi?} I love the look on their faces! I remember those Christmas nights of being so excited you couldn't sleep. Great times for sure... Gotta run right now. They're waiting on me...

Richard and Jeannie Griffin said...

Cortney I've got you covered on photos.
Check out Griffin Gazette for more Christmas morning photos. Also some new photos of the grand kids have been posted.

Kimberly said...

That was a classic moment and I'm so glad you captured it. Kailey was so cute and so excited that morning, she had me laughing at just how happy she was. I'm so glad we got to be there this year. It really was a magical Christmas and thanks again for putting up with us or I mean putting us up for the week. You need to make a cd for us of your pictures so we can have them all together (I know Dad and Darci are going to do the same). Love ya and thanks again for everything!

Kyle & Brit said...

ahahahaha, that is priceless!!! That is really cute!