Monday, February 15, 2010

Ashlyn's eyes


I just wanted to share a couple of pictures of Ashlyn with her eyes open. It is rare at this age that they are ever open. She is one sleepy baby girl. I had to wake her up last night after a 5 hour stretch and then again after another 4. I just need her to gain her birth weight back at least before I let her go longer without eating. After she does that, I most surely will NOT be waking her up at night. She weighed 7lb and 3oz when she was born, and today at the doctor she weighed in at 6 lb 10 oz. So, we are on our way back up in weight gain since leaving the hospital at 6 lbs 8oz. We just adore this little angel and wanted to share a couple pics of what she looks like with those sparkly blue eyes opened up.



this one is sweet too with her eyes closed.

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Oh man I want to hold her so bad!!!! She's so precious and I love her dark eyes. Her outfit is really cute too. She just looks so sweet. And nice to be able to get a five or four hour stretch already!! I don't think McKell ever gave me that when she was 8 months old, the little stinker. I hope she gains her weight back quickly so you can enjoy more sleep! Thanks for the pictures, she's beautiful! (I want to call ya but I'm not sure when you're napping so I'll let you do the calling for the next little bit, so call when you want to! Love you!)

Barbara Wiser said...

Ashyn is such a beautiful baby. LOVE the pictures you got with her eyes open.

Enjoy every minute with her...she's just precious. Looks like the kids are lovin her too!

Hugs!
Barbara

Pamela said...

Oh Cortney...my heart is breaking into a million pieces right now. She is soooo beautiful! I can't stop from crying for sheer joy! I can't wait to get down there! How blessed you are and your families! Thank you for these precious spirits! WONDERFUL post sister pooh! I loveadore you! I'm working right now but when I get back to the motel I'll get to spend more time on your blogs!

Darci said...

Oh my goodness, she is gorgeous! She is so incredibly sweet...you can tell just from her pictures! I'm sure it's like holding a little bit of heaven when she's in your arms!