Sunday, November 14, 2010

For Veteran's Day...



Jake, Kailey, and I went on a hike with Grandpa Griffin...
up to the Wind Cave at Usery Pass...


Jake had to show how cool he was by touching the cactus (or is it cacti?) along the way...




we had to take a few breaks for Kailey to rest...
and climb boulders...


and eat...
Just happy to be outside and NOT in school. :)


almost there...
woo hoo!
we made it!
it was pretty cold up top...
and there were a lot of bees (notice the bee on top of Jakes head)...
we had to take a few pictures though before we headed back down...




We can't wait to go again!
These pictures make me laugh...


She snatched Papa's hat. I think it looks cute on her.
And Daddy's other perfect little girl turned 9 months on Thursday too! Since we were busy getting ready to go hiking, I only had time to snap couple pics after her bath in the morning before we left.Checking her cute self out. Can you blame her?
A kiss from Daddy. Awah.

3 comments:

Richard and Jeannie Griffin said...

That was a great post and a really fun day. I'm glad we finally got to hike the Wind Cave. I wanted to do it earlier this summer, but just too hot for the kids. Really cute photos of Jake and Kailey. I just remember how she had to climb EVERY bolder of any size on our way up. It was a really great day. Thanks for going with us. Look forward to doing it again sometime. Building memories for the grandkids, that's what it's all about. Love, Dad/Grandpa

Sherry said...

Great pictures of my perfect grandkids! Grandma and Papa Pierce had a great time with Gavin and Ashlyn while you were hiking. So many blessings!!! Love you!
Best Ma

Kimberly said...

What a fun day for you all. I love all the great pictures. And I do remember hiking that with Dad a long time ago. How fun to be able to do that with your own kids. I love the picture of Dad holding Kailey's hand, so precious. And yes, Jake you are pretty tough touching that cactus! And with that bee on your head, yikes! I can't believe Ashlynn is 9 months old!! She's adorable as always!! Oh yeah, and I'm jealous that you get to hike in nice weather while I'm watching the snow fall here. Sigh...at least I'll have a white Christmas (but then it should totally melt afterwards...) Love ya!