Sunday, September 19, 2010

Weekend Fun

So what do you do for fun in AZ? Well, on Friday we went to the AZ Museum of Natural History. The kids love to see the dinosaurs there...

Pan for gold...
and stare at the fish. After that we met up with Daddy to eat at El Charro. (we eat there usually once a week.)
Then on Saturday we took the kids to Usery Pass Nature Center, in the desert, for a presentation about scorpions with Ranger B. Then we headed out for a scorpion hunt...
We were a too late to catch up with our group because I had to feed Ashlyn, so these are the only scorpions we got to see...
Thanks Grandpa for buying the kids scorpion suckers. Jake still has dead scorpion on his dresser. BTW, it freaked me out when I went into his room this morning.
Yummy.
Kailey had her blacklight ready to go...

Notice the tarantula in the background. Maybe we will hunt for those next week...

5 comments:

Jeannie Spiker said...

I cannot believe it you kids are nuts sucking on those suckers yuck!!!

Grandma Griffin

Kimberly said...

That looks like fun, well not sucking on scorpions but the rest looked great! Okay so there are real scorpions inside those suckers? When do you stop eating them so you don't eat the scorpion? Yuck. Anyway, those are some great pictures of your kids as always. Glad you had a fun weekend (I know it was better than ours as now Caleb and McKell are sick and coughing like crazy...sigh)

Richard and Jeannie Griffin said...

Now for Grandpa's perspective. I was there on the scorpion hunt, and yes, I bought Jake and Kailey and myself each a sucker (cause I'm a sucker for my grandkids.) And I did eat the scorpion! No flavor though. Or the sweet sucker overpowered the scorpion taste. Just crunchy was all. It was a great night to hike in the desert. I want to go back out just to do that.
Good post, and love the photos. Dad, grandpa

Kimberly said...

Oh, and that picture is awesome of Gavin and the fish! What great timing you've got! Seriously, you're a great photographer!

Darci said...

That is some Arizona fun alright! ;) So funny! Hunting for scorpions?! I'm sure they ate that up! Literally from the looks of those suckers! Love the pic of Kailey opening up for the sucker and of Gavin nose to nose with the fish! Great pics! Thanks for sharing!